Land can be purchased from the municipality through public tenders. The successful purchaser must pay the amount specified in the tender plus any accumulated taxes and land transfer tax.
Current properties for sale and the form of the tender are also available at Tri-Target.com.
- Tenders must be submitted in the prescribed form. You must include a deposit of at least 20% of the tender amount, payable to the municipality or board (money order, bank draft, or cheque certified by a bank or trust corporation).
- Tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope address to the Treasurer with the name of the property description or municipal address clearly marked on the outside of the envelope.
- You must submit your tender by 3:00 pm local time at the municipal office.
- Tenders are opened in public on the same day as soon as possible after 3:00 pm at the municipal office as soon as possible after the closing time on the date of closing.
- The municipality makes no representation regarding the title to, existing interests in favour of the Crown, environmental concerns, or any other matters relating to the land(s) to be sold.
- Any existing Federal or Provincial Crown liens or executions will remain on title and may become the responsibility of the potential purchaser. Responsibility for ascertaining these matters rests with the potential purchasers.
- The municipality has no obligation to provide vacant possession to the successful purchaser.
- The successful purchase may have to pay HST.
- Sales are governed by the Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Tax Sale Rules
Properties Available Under Tax Sales
Topic: Tax Sale
Time: Aug 11, 2021 03:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting here