Welcome to Markstay-Warren
Markstay-Warren boasts of its beauty, tranquility, and country atmosphere while being minutes away from two major centres in North Eastern Ontario. As a growing and progressive community, Markstay-Warren is an ideal location to raise young families because of its excellent local schools located in the villages of Markstay and Warren.
With all the technological advancements of an urban centre, reasonable tax rates, the proximity to highway 17, and minutes away from the Greater of City of Sudbury and North Bay, our community is ideally situated for the establishment or expansion of businesses or industry.
See the Municipal Strategic Plan developed in 2014 for detailed information.
Like an extended family, Markstay-Warren is welcoming, friendly, and supportive. Its residents embrace a quality family lifestyle amongst nature’s finest assets with steady growth in a rural area that is easily accessible to two Northern Ontario hub cities. Connected in business and trade with a focus on entrepreneurship, small business, agriculture, tourism, and recreational opportunities - residents and business owners balance those assets with a peaceful life just minutes away from Sudbury.
Markstay-Warren’s economic development mission is to increase the economic growth of the community while preserving the lifestyle and natural environment.
Guiding principles include:
- Respecting community togetherness and neighbourly, small-town charm;
- Ensuring that growth occurs in an orderly manner, in keeping with the environment and community lifestyle;
- Appreciating the quality of rural and family life while ensuring moderate growth;
- Supporting growth in entrepreneurship, agriculture, tourism, and small business;
- Welcoming new businesses that fit with the overall Vision and Mission; and
- Striving to provide the best public services.
- Tourism Development
- Farming and Agriculture Sector Development
- Commercial/Industrial Development
- Increase in Residential Capacity