Living HerePermits & Information

Permits & Information

Permit forms and information are available for download in the sections below.


Building permits are typically required for the following:

  • New buildings
  • Additions
  • Renovations or alterations
  • Demolitions
  • Prefabricated structures
  • Plumbing alterations
  • HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
  • Miscellaneous for residential (pools, fireplaces, decks, fences, etc.)
  • Temporary buildings
  • Installing new windows and exterior doors
  • Installing new metal roofing
  • Installing new cladding (siding, stucco, etc.)


As part of process improvements, the Municipality of Markstay-Warren has introduced the landfill permit process online for 2023!

Please note that due to the critical nature of the municipal landfill site, people that do NOT reside or own property in Markstay-Warren are prohibited from using the Markstay-Warren landfill site.

PROOF of residency or proof of property ownership will be required to obtain an approved landfill permit.



  • Sewer Connection Request
  • Municipal Water Connection Request
  • Water Turn On/Off