The Markstay-Warren Public Library provides free and open access to services to meet the changing needs of our community. Our library is a safe inviting centre for information and leisure, connecting with people from all walks of life through programs, collections and community partners.
To be a vital, resilient and welcoming centre of community for all through responsive services and programs, relevant collections and community partnerships.
- Equity: Providing free and equitable access to services, programs and collections
- Respect: Supporting the value and dignity of all individuals
- Intellectual Freedom: Guaranteeing and facilitating the free exchange of information and ideas in a democratic society, protecting intellectual freedom and respecting individuals' rights to privacy and choice
- Accountability: Ensuring that the library services remain relevant, vital and respectful of the need for fiscal and environmental sustainability
- Service Orientation: Providing excellent responsive services
- Innovation and Tradition: Anticipating and responding to changing needs and technology, while encouraging the joy of reading and life-long learning
Follow us on Facebook for our most up-to-date news.
|Paulette Quesnel||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Terry Labbé||Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Madison Bole||Summer Student|
An Honorable mention to Cindy Robidas, who retired from her role as CEO in December of 2021
In accordance with the Ontario Public Libraries Act, the Municipality of Markstay-Warren's Public Library Board is responsible for developing and maintaining the policies and procedures of the Markstay-Warren Public Library.
Members of the Markstay-Warren Public Library Board for the 2019 – 2022 term:
Monica McDonald (Chair)
Nancy Feduck (Vice-Chair)
Greg Hunt (Council Representative)
The Markstay-Warren Public Library will be holding their regular 2022 meetings on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 pm as scheduled below (exception, first Monday in October if required).
These meetings are typically held at the Markstay-Warren Municipal Council Chambers (at the Markstay-Warren Community Centre while physical distancing measures are in place).
- January 10, 2022 via ZOOM https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwpd--orj4pGtHnVaCmSlci0Wzfg-0Nu9ni
- February 14, 2022 (if required)
- March 14, 2022
- April 11, 2022
- May 9, 2022
- June 13, 2022
- September 12, 2022
- October 3, 2022 (if required)
- November 14, 2022
- December 12, 2022 (if required)