Applications, Licenses and Permits

The Municipality of




An application will need to be submitted for a building permit if you want to:

• Construct a new building or structure;
• Repair, renovate, add to, or demolish an existing building;
• Install a swimming pool;
• Build a deck;
• Alter most buildings and structures on your property;
• Install a new septic system.

All applications are reviewed for compliance with the Ontario Building Code and Zoning By-law requirements. 


How to Apply for a Building Permit

• Fill out an online Application for a Permit to Construct or Demolish or pick up a paper application at the Municipal Office
• Include site and construction plans with your completed application form
• Submit your completed application form to the Municipal Office in person

Building Application Permit

 Dog Tags

The 2018 dog tags (Licence) are available at the municipal office during regular business hours.  The annuel fee for dog tags is $20 and Seniors $10 renewable on January 1st of each year. If purchased after February 15th, an additional charge of $10 applies (excluding new dogs).

Kennel Licences are also available at a fee of $50 and subject to zoning approval.

Any concerns or complaints regarding dogs should be directed to the Rainvow District Animal Control and Shelter Services by calling (705) 673-3647 or on their website at

Dont Forget - U-Poop, U-Scoop


Civic Addressing Signage (9-1-1 Sign)