Building , Planning and Zoning



Approval is required for any new structure, addition or renovation. A Building Permit is your formal permission to start construction or demolition. The building permit process protects the interests of homeowners and the community, ensuring that new structures and structural changes are safe, legal and sound.

By obtaining a permit, you can also take advantage of the professional expertise of the Building Division staff.  Inspectors are good sources of information and can offer suggestions to help solve construction problems.

If you would like to schedule an appointment, an inspection or to apply for a permit, please contact our building department, either by phone at (705) 507-1177 or by e-mail, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. You can also visit their website, 

Building Services Fact Sheet April 24 2020 1


 Bylaw Services


In Sudbury East, municipal planning services are provided by planning staff with the Sudbury East Planning Board.  The Sudbury East Planning Board provides planning services for the Municipalities of French River, Killarney, Markstay-Warren, St-Charles and all or part of the following unincorporated townships: Burwash, Cox, Hawley, Henry, Janes, Laura, Loughrin, Secord, Servos, Street and Waldie.

For more information visit the Planning board website..